How to recognize the copper
Copper is a very common material for use in various industries. It has the excellent performance of high electrical and thermal conductivity, resistance to atmospheric corrosion, UV rays, resistance to temperature changes in a wide range.
Depending on the quantity of impurities, copper can be distinguished into five basic technical grades: M0 - with a total impurity content of less than 0.05%, M1 - not more than 0.10%, M2 - no more than 0.30%, M3 - not more than 0, 50% and M4 - containing impurities not more than 1.00%.
Classification of copper alloys
In addition to pure copper, alloys brass and bronze is widely used.
Brass - it is brass alloys in which zinc is the principal alloying element. In order to improve the chemical resistance and mechanical properties of brass, it usually introduce alloying elements, such as, aluminum, nickel, manganese, silicon. Multi-copper-zinc alloys are called special brass.
Bronzes called alloys of copper and tin, aluminum, silicon and other elements, and zinc is the main alloying element.
Due to the high thermal conductivity, copper mesh is widely used in the manufacture of heat exchangers, air conditioners and radiators. Use a copper sheet to decorate the facade and roofing - not only fabulous architectural gem, but also can significantly extend the life of the building. Bactericidal properties of copper surfaces promise in the near future widespread use of copper within the hospital facilities as door handles, railings, countertops and handrails. Copper wire is also widely involved in the electric power and electrical engineering, shipbuilding, automotive, telecommunications.
How to recognize the copper
Natural copper is very ductile, resistance abrasion and malleable material. Copper has a number of characteristic properties, for which it can be distinguished from other metals. There are five methods as following.
- Copper is in reddish-pink color and easy to bend.
- It is important to distinguish copper from bronze. You must clean up the copper wire and lower it into the hot salted water for 5 minutes. The same should be done with the alleged bronzes. After exposure to the hot brine, copper will acquire a darker shade.
- Copper wire is left in the open air for a long time, then you can see how it will change. Copper has its own protective properties. With prolonged exposure to atmospheric phenomena, it is covered with a protective film greenish - patina. The film protects the copper from corrosion.
- Compared to steel, copper has a high thermal conductivity. To see this, it is necessary to heat the copper wire and steel rod. Then it is necessary to evaluate the results by measuring the thermal conductivity.
- When heated in the open air, copper changes color. If copper wire is heated over a gas burner on the air, at first it fades. Then copper will darken to purchase black.
Inquiry for Our Product
Boegger Industech Limited
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.